Just to get this out of the way: paperback giveaway! Go to it!
I have brain-drain from lots of dissertation chapter editing, so it’s mostly links tonight:
- Paul Ford on the fundamental question of the Internet: why wasn’t I consulted?
- Advice about writing workshops from USC professors.
- The last unknown victims of the Triangle Waist Company fire have been identified.
- Memory palaces: the extreme sports version.
- A long and interesting interview with Alison Bechdel about memoir, memory, fiction, and narrative structure.
- One of the Stockett family’s maids files suit against Kathryn Stockett, author of The Help.
- Jesse Eisenberg’s Marxist-Socialist jokes and “manageable tongue-twisters” at McSweeney’s.