It’s a bullet-point kind of day, I’m afraid. First up, Alcestis news!
- Earlier this week, I was interviewed by Kate Ergenbright of UT’s newspaper, the Daily Texan.
- Photos from the book launch party are here, in case you missed them.
- Don’t forget about the AuthorBuzz giveaway of five signed copies of the book: details here.
- I linked this guest post I wrote for Wonders & Marvels last weekend, but it may have gotten buried. If you’re curious about how I decided to afflict poor Hippothoe with asthma, that post is for you.
- This review, by Kelly Lasiter of Fantasy Literature, makes me VERY happy. (I found it on GoodReads. Did you know that it’s really hard to resist looking at your book’s page, even when you’ve logged on intending to add yet another book to your own TBR list? It’s an amazing feeling to see, for example, that people are reading the book at that very moment.)
And some Friday afternoon links:
- Some excellent advice about making writing a habit.
- A cat actually making the NOM NOM NOM noise while she eats.
- A video of San Francisco traffic in 1906, a few days before the earthquake. (I’m slowly reading Rebecca Solnit’s A Paradise Built in Hell, which makes this film extra fascinating.)
- Really horrifying details about just how sketchy the casting process for the Avatar: the Last Airbender movie was.
- The Times article about the plantation diary that inspired Faulkner.
- An intriguing piece in Scientific American about the gut’s “second brain.”